We are starting out another group of our puppy pre-class ‘𝗙𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗦𝘁𝗲𝗽𝘀’ on Monday, 20th February at the Community hall in Whiterashes
– and are planning to offer additional 5 weeks of training after that block to ensure that you can start your puppy’s adolescent phase with great skills (only if enough interest)
‘First Steps’ is specifically aimed for puppies to join after their first vaccination and before their second – ideally between 𝟗 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝟏𝟎 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐠𝐞 which is a time of vital early development.
‘𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩𝐬’ is all about prevention of potential behavioral issues. You will learn how to take proactive steps which will facilitate building a trusting relationship with your puppy.
𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗼𝗽𝗶𝗰𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱
Next to short and controlled playful interactions (what is good and what is not good!) and to basic training exercises (sit, down, look, recall, lead manners) we will be focusing on the following topics:
– Development periods and importance of Socialisation/Habituation/Prevention and Management
– Handling (grooming and veterinary visits)
– Separation issues/Barrier frustration
– Toilet training
– Play biting and chewing
– Food bowl and other potential resource guarding issues
I use only the most up to date, fair, kind and effective training-methods and aim to create a learning environment that both you and your pet will find highly reinforcing.
W𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐨𝐰
The classes are held at the Community Hall in Whiterashes which will be cleaned and made safe before and after the class.
Class size is max 4 puppies. All exercises and information topics are followed up with handouts and/or videos.
Do you have any further questions or interested in booking? Please don’t hesitate to contact me